Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Pages

The Power of PENTAX -In camera HDR

As the senior photographer for the country's largest surf distributor,  I am always with camera.  On my way to shoot one of our stores,  I left my building and walked toward the mall.  (yes,  I live walking distance to one of the most beautiful malls on the island)

When I stepped out onto the footpath toward the mall's entrance, I was stunned by the view.  It was the calm before the storm.  The gentle warm hues that lit up the sky before a typhoon was to ravage our island.

I seldom see the sky light up the way it did during that twilight,  so for me its another reason why I love to travel with a camera, because you never know when you will need it most.

During the moments prior to Photokina 2010, the photo world waits to see what Pentax Imaging has up their sleeve.   The rumor mill is flurried with speculation,  but before the official release of the next "K", lets stop and reflect the power already attainable in the K7 or KX.

Case in point:  Pentax is one of the few SLRs available that pioneered "In-camera" HDR.  The effects are subtle effective and of 2 ranges: HDR 1:subtle or HDR 2:progressive.  Depending on the initial result, dictates which style I use. Other cameras had followed suit,  but Pentax being Pentax was the originator of this technology.


Pentax K7, Pentax DA 10-17 fisheye @13mm
ISO 250, 1/4s, f5.6, HDR 2