Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Pages

Mother's Day Baby Portraits

With the arrival of our firstborn, the subject matter of my photos began to dramatically change in focus from Surfing to babies. I figure that by the time Malia is 4, I will be shooting her portrait while surfing!

I'm typically not a portrait photographer, my friend Michelle Rivera over at Misha Media.com has influenced me on shifting more of my scope to portraiture. Thanks for the tips!

I learned a few things on this day. Babies move fast, constantly out of your focal plane. Try not to shoot during the cold of the early morning. These poor babies had excessively rosy, and patchy skin, due to the cold. I shot with so many lenses, but it seems much easier to use just one focal length, like a 77, 100, or 200mm.

here are some of the results.